As a tribute to my dear mother, I thought I’d share fifteen wonderful things she has taught me.
- The speed limit is just a suggestion.
- You can never make too much food for your guests.
- It’s ok to say “damn,” but only if you are really mad.
- You only need twenty minutes to run three errands. (See #1).
- Rolls, cookies, and cakes are only worth eating if they are homemade.
- You can do three things at once very well. (At least she can).
- A recipe is not worth making unless you triple it.
- Books are great friends. Always keep one close to you.
- Make time for everyone that calls you are stops by your door, even if they stop during Sunday dinner.
- Always, always be gracious, even to people that really annoy you.
- Children are jewels. You can’t have too many of them around you, unless they are loud children. Then send them downstairs.
- Reach out to people who seem sad.
- Smile even when you’re feeling blue.
- You always have enough time to help someone.
- Stay strong and carry on.
What did your mother teach you?